About the Company
This organisation is a reputable retail and corporate banking business, based in central London.
The organisation have a large footprint in the retail and high-net-worth sector.
About the Opportunity
This is an extremely broad role to support, and report into, the Head of Legal & Company Secretary in London.
Assist the Head of Legal and small team of lawyers to assist with Company Secretarial matters, including working with senior management and conducting risk-assessment reporting.
Assist the Head of Legal & Co Sec to manage outside counsel relationships and law firm panels on behalf of the CEO, whilst offering quality and cost control over outside counsel.
Work in conjunction with the Dept. CEO, communicate any company secretarial developments relevant to the business, outlining and implications to senior management and affected areas.
Assist the Head of Legal & Co Sec in managing the firm’s legal and company secretarial budget.
Utilise all sources of information to keep apprised of company secretarial best practice and legal developments in the UK and report all material developments offering scope for efficiencies.
Provide assistance to the CEO, and other senior management, as required.
- The ideal candidate will have proven stakeholder management experience.
- Ideally a Qualified Solicitor or Company Secretary.
- Proven experience of dealing with company secretarial matters.
- Can demonstrate ethical standards and integrity.
- Capable of making their own decisions and taking initiative. business or high quality legal practice.
- Proactive, can-do attitude with a commercial mind.